• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Disappointed with Dr Foster and Smith Live Aquaria

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the time promised is the time it is supposed to be delivered by, not merely a suggestion.

Perhaps where you worked, but this is not the norm. I have plenty of "by end of day" deliveries (supposed to be by 8) but don't get there until afterwards. There isn't much LiveAquaria can do. This on UPS.

FedEx is even worse in my experience. I've been out walking my dog, saw the guy pull up, get out of the truck (no package), stick a notice on the gate and then drive away. MORE THAN ONCE! In fact, just last week, I chased down 5 different FedEx trucks looking for my package (got an email saying delivery was attempted... It most certainly was not) Unfortunately I couldn't find the right truck and had to wait till the end of the day to get my corals.

Its gotten to the point, when I buy frag packs via R2R I have to ask for Sat delivery or request no signature or rerouting options. If its anything more than simple delivery options, its a total crap shoot.

Can't blame the seller for delivery issues.

OP
OP
R

RalphsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturday can be a slippery slope if the carrier makes a goof. I believe I referenced an issue earlier in this thread when Live Aquaria forgot to put the "SDR" (Saturday delivery designation at FedEx), and a pair of clowns and a mille sat on the Orlando Airport FedEx ramp all weekend. That was just about 8 years ago, now that I think about it. They all survived, luckily.

Nep2nRevision3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with them has been hit and miss. Last purchase was 3 firefish (2 weeks ago). Had 2 arrive in great shape, 1 had literally disintegrated in the bag. Hard to believe that it was that bad after overnight shipping. Likely to be my last livestock order with them.

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't matter what online retailer I order from, and whether or not it is shipped UPS or FedEx, the shipments are ALWAYS late now in the last year ot two. Blaming the retailers is rediculous, it is not their fault. Once the shipment leaves their facility they have no control over it. And if we stop doing business with the retailers because of this, then we will soon have nowhere to go for livestock other than the local LFS, IF you have one.

Chad Sepulvado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you’re hard to please. Shipping can’t always arriv exactly when it says. That’s why you make plans to be available around the time, not exactly the time estimated. There’s nothing they can do if the driver is running two hours late. Did you want something free for a two hour delay from the shipper? Calm down. They are a good company ( not perfect).

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I have something I need at UPS right away I call and have it held at the facility and pick it up at 8:30

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps where you worked, but this is not the norm. I have plenty of "by end of day" deliveries (supposed to be by 8) but don't get there until afterwards. There isn't much LiveAquaria can do. This on UPS.

FedEx is even worse in my experience. I've been out walking my dog, saw the guy pull up, get out of the truck (no package), stick a notice on the gate and then drive away. MORE THAN ONCE! In fact, just last week, I chased down 5 different FedEx trucks looking for my package (got an email saying delivery was attempted... It most certainly was not) Unfortunately I couldn't find the right truck and had to wait till the end of the day to get my corals.

Its gotten to the point, when I buy frag packs via R2R I have to ask for Sat delivery or request no signature or rerouting options. If its anything more than simple delivery options, its a total crap shoot.

Can't blame the seller for delivery issues.

I always have live shipments dropped at a FedEx store. It avoids a lot of the issues and even if you have to go get it you usually have it in the tank quicker than waiting for it to arrive at your residence

Len

OP
OP
R

RalphsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you’re hard to please. Shipping can’t always arriv exactly when it says. That’s why you make plans to be available around the time, not exactly the time estimated. There’s nothing they can do if the driver is running two hours late. Did you want something free for a two hour delay from the shipper? Calm down. They are a good company ( not perfect).

I'd say it's more like "I expect to get what I pay for" than your inflammatory suggestion of being hard to please. You've been on this site a whopping month. I am willing to bet I've forgotten more about this hobby than you even currently, or will ever know about it. The totality of my experiences with DFS/LA, referenced in this thread (if you read it) leads me to believe they have gone downhill over the years. So take your "calm down" BS elsewhere.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back