Disconnect Warning on Fusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current understanding is that in order for my Apex to notify me that my power is off is to have a battery backup on BOTH my router and Apex display.

Is there or will there soon be a way for Fusion to notify me when my Apex disconnects. Seems like this should be simple and one of the most important things a controller can do...tell you if the power is off.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fusion is supposed to do that already. Since the new apex came out, they have been modifying the Fusion site to do this. I have a few apex offline emails from fusion already. The only issues so far is that when I saw those emails, I checked with the android apps or the direct public IP address using port forwarding, and the apex was actually working... :)

jdl513

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new unit only sends connection loss alerts when the connection is restored. There has to be a reason Neptune has not included real time alerts if Fusion looses contact so hope they are working on that. Of all the alerts I can't think of one more useful than my Apex stopped talking indicating a possible outage.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new apex or the classic apex?

My new unit only sends connection loss alerts when the connection is restored. There has to be a reason Neptune has not included real time alerts if Fusion looses contact so hope they are working on that. Of all the alerts I can't think of one more useful than my Apex stopped talking indicating a possible outage.

jdl513

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new one but it I missed some check box to turn that on I sure would like to know about it.

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently there is no way to have the Apex send you a message if the Apex has no power. This is where having a UPS battery back connected to the Apex can keep power to the Apex to send a alert that there is a power, failure, however if you don't have a UPS on your router and modem then event the Apex had power to try to send you an Alarm, but you have no connection to the internet then you wouldn't get an alert anyway.

Remember a disconnect from Fusion, does not mean that the Apex is not working. There are a lot of people that don't use Fusion or let alone the internal Web Server and just use the display. (Why I am not sure) However the Apex does not need to be connected to the internet to work.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The apex does not send email but Fusion does in this case. Think ReefTronics.com

Not sure if Russ brought his software to Neptune but this appears to be how Fusion detects when the apex is offline and sends emails. Just that reefTronics pings the apex every 10 mins, while the new Fusion tries to be more frequent...screw up the apex classic big time....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back