0   0   0
Hi are these starting to bleach… getting circles of Paler colour…. Thanks

635FFCE5-F465-48D4-8333-BFB9FCCE5C05.jpeg

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a disco bleach (or if they even can)… others please weigh-in. If they’re dying they usually just shrivel and die.

Hard to tell from the pic, would need very clear before/afters, but it is possible the color is morphing a bit based on your lighting, placement, parameters, etc.

homegrowncichlid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it's almost impossible to kill a mushroom, heh, even in the dark, they just cling to life and rebound quickly. As for your "bleaching" I have noticed that mushrooms, when moved under intense lighting, will develop a protective "sheen" of sunscreen, which maybe what you're looking at. The cap will also not expand as much to limit its sun exposure, and when contracted, it would look richer in color, under the "sheen." I hope you get the drift of what I'm trying to describe and I wouldn't worry about it.

OP
OP
IIDRYWATERII

IIDRYWATERII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only had them 2 week but they been fully open and didn’t have the spots before…..we had a heat wave in uk….. tank reached 28.8 for 2 days during the day….. had to cool down with fan….. I’ve just dropped them further down in the tank to see if it a light thing…. Would you see how it goes with lower light or put back as was?
thanks for all input…

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 90 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back