Discosoma advice

IIDRYWATERII

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2021
Messages
446
Reaction score
91
Location
yorkshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi are these starting to bleach… getting circles of Paler colour…. Thanks

635FFCE5-F465-48D4-8333-BFB9FCCE5C05.jpeg
 
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a disco bleach (or if they even can)… others please weigh-in. If they’re dying they usually just shrivel and die.

Hard to tell from the pic, would need very clear before/afters, but it is possible the color is morphing a bit based on your lighting, placement, parameters, etc.
 
I would say it's almost impossible to kill a mushroom, heh, even in the dark, they just cling to life and rebound quickly. As for your "bleaching" I have noticed that mushrooms, when moved under intense lighting, will develop a protective "sheen" of sunscreen, which maybe what you're looking at. The cap will also not expand as much to limit its sun exposure, and when contracted, it would look richer in color, under the "sheen." I hope you get the drift of what I'm trying to describe and I wouldn't worry about it.
 
Only had them 2 week but they been fully open and didn’t have the spots before…..we had a heat wave in uk….. tank reached 28.8 for 2 days during the day….. had to cool down with fan….. I’ve just dropped them further down in the tank to see if it a light thing…. Would you see how it goes with lower light or put back as was?
thanks for all input…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new