Discosoma ID

Zdeněk

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Location
CZ
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, can you help me identify this Discosoma? One half is "Superman" (Red - Blue spotted) and the other half is very different in color and has pink/red spots.
I like to look for these corals, but unfortunately I am not able to find any on the Internet that are even remotely similar.
Thank you.
Happy reefing.

_MG_1273 2.JPG
 
Hi, can you help me identify this Discosoma? One half is "Superman" (Red - Blue spotted) and the other half is very different in color and has pink/red spots.
I like to look for these corals, but unfortunately I am not able to find any on the Internet that are even remotely similar.
Thank you.
Happy reefing.

_MG_1273 2.JPG
Looks to me like it is a grafted polyp. Has it split off yet?
 
Thank you. Yes - the polyp has already split off. One shows similar grafted coloring, the other is still very small.
 
I have some with similar coloring to the left side but without pink polyps. I believe it was called an indo gold leopard discosoma or something similar to that when I got it.
 
Did this ever end up producing babies with the same color splits? If so, would be interested!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new