Discrepancy in our terms of service

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
BTW... Am I the first to notice that there is a discrepancy in our terms of service (selling) and the functionality of the marketplace and just in our terms in general?
Our terms:
  • Members should consolidate their For Sale threads. If a member wishes to list multiple items at one time, place them in one thread. If multiple threads are created in close proximity, a member may be asked by the staff to combine them or the staff may consolidate them.
  • A firm asking price must be listed in the thread.
How can we group our items and post a firm price when were not sure if a person will buy all of the items or one.
I vote to remove the consolidate clause in the terms so if we wish, we can post multiple single items.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not what the TOS is saying, I believe. It is saying" If you all got a bunch of poop to sell, put in one post" you can list things individually in that one post and sell things individually in that one post.
Although it makes it harder for the seller to capture the attention of the buyer. So yes, I would vote yes, on a one item one post change.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back