Disease diagnosis?

Lin0826

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can someone help me identify what is those color fading spot? I had the emperor for almost a month, the spots showed up few day ago. At first I thought it’s flukes but nothing came off after FW dip. Fish is acting and eating normal, others in the tank show no symptoms

IMG_2581.jpeg IMG_2585.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While we are waiting for more background - emperor angels are prone to showing skin blotchiness with marine ich or flukes. How long was your freshwater dip? Only one species of fluke can be seen in dips, the others all need microscopes to see.

Jay

OP
OP
Lin0826

Lin0826

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a evo 13.5 used as qt tank. I don’t have the test kits for testing water qualities right now. Copper power was used whole tank at 2.5ppm for 14days. One dose of prazi pro. Salinity is 1.023. 5gal water change every week. FW dip was around 3min and I gently rub its skin with my finger
While we are waiting for more background - emperor angels are prone to showing skin blotchiness with marine ich or flukes. How long was your freshwater dip? Only one species of fluke can be seen in dips, the others all need microscopes to see.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ich- flukes-velvet is often the scenario with these fish for years and often unexplained

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a evo 13.5 used as qt tank. I don’t have the test kits for testing water qualities right now. Copper power was used whole tank at 2.5ppm for 14days. One dose of prazi pro. Salinity is 1.023. 5gal water change every week. FW dip was around 3min and I gently rub its skin with my finger

Well, Copper Power needs to be dosed for 30 days in order to fully eradicate ich. It does not kill the tomonts, so you need to keep the copper level up long enough that the tomonts release their theronts, which are then killed by the copper.

Prazipro needs to be dosed a minimum of 2x, 8 days apart.

FW dips really need to be done for the full five minutes, but then, only Neobendenia flukes will be visible in the dip water, other species require a microscope.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back