Spots on Emperor Angle

Jblaine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had an Emperor Angle for a year now in a tank by himself. When I came back from being out of town, he developed odd white spot above his eyes. Can someone id this? He is still acting normal and eating a lot. Not sure if I should treat him with something of leave him alone. Water parameters are
Ammonia 0
PH 8.3
Salinity 1.025
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 10

Thanks

IMG_7208.jpeg IMG_7209.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Have had an Emperor Angle for a year now in a tank by himself. When I came back from being out of town, he developed odd white spot above his eyes. Can someone id this? He is still acting normal and eating a lot. Not sure if I should treat him with something of leave him alone. Water parameters are
Ammonia 0
PH 8.3
Salinity 1.025
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 10

Thanks

These pics are fuzzy and looks like mucus cones but they are often susceptible also to velvet.
Need vclearer pic to best determine. Fish also has a good case oh head and face erosion which may be due in part to insufficient diey and water quality
Please post clearer pics and assure both the tank glass and camera lens are clear. A video may be more helpful

OP
OP
Jblaine

Jblaine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These pics are fuzzy and looks like mucus cones but they are often susceptible also to velvet.
Need vclearer pic to best determine. Fish also has a good case oh head and face erosion which may be due in part to insufficient diey and water quality
Please post clearer pics and assure both the tank glass and camera lens are clear. A video may be more helpful
I will try to get clearer pic

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia 0
PH 8.3
Salinity 1.025
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 10

Thanks

Do you mean the large pale areas? That is head an lateral line erosion. There are other areas between the mouth and the eye.

How long were you out of town?
Did the person caring for your tank do anything different?

Jay

OP
OP
Jblaine

Jblaine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean the large pale areas? That is head an lateral line erosion. There are other areas between the mouth and the eye.

How long were you out of town?
Did the person caring for your tank do anything different?

Jay
Thank you for your response. Yes the large pail areas is what I was wondering about. I was gone for 2 weeks and when I got back, the water was very cloudy. I have done several water changes and cleaned the filters to get water to clear up. I started giving him nori soaked in Selcon the last two days.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back