Disease or damage on Copperband Butterfly?

LivinTheSwreefLife

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2013
Messages
568
Reaction score
273
Location
Baltimore MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, the my new Copperband Butterfly recently had two marks show up that weren’t there when I purchased it. I thought I saw it flashing against the rocks so I think this is damage from that, but I wanted to check if it’s actually a disease. Please see the attached pics.

I am treating the tank with prazi pro because I suspect flukes. I did not quarantine (bad, I know).

Please let me know what you think. They are below the dorsal fin spot and in the middle of the fish:
F22A4775-2B75-449D-8270-0C971981EBE6.jpeg
26985CA2-FA04-46D9-ABA8-B1CAEDAB1FA9.jpeg
 
Crap. Ok. Can that spread to others in the DT?
Diseased fish release pathogenetic bacteria into the water, which can infect other fish. The rate of infection is affected by the condition of the water and the health condition of the other fish.
 
Agree this is the start of a nasty bacterial infection, and with what was said so far. Even Paul! :D
 
Yes, act quickly. Same happened to the first CBB I had. I had him in the QT and by the time I had all the antibiotics on hand it was too late. With the second fish I started right off with antibiotics in QT.
 
Yes, act quickly. Same happened to the first CBB I had. I had him in the QT and by the time I had all the antibiotics on hand it was too late. With the second fish I started right off with antibiotics in QT.

^^ Good call with butterflies and certain large angels. Usually by the time the red sores show up, it's too late to save them. :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new