Dislocated clam shell?

  • Thread starter Thread starter birdsnest
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

birdsnest

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
216
Reaction score
16
Location
Indian Harbour Bch.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small 2'' derasa clam that has been in my tank for about 6 months and it seems to have dislocated its shell. Its as though one side shifted and now does not line up properly with the other half. The mantle still sticks out but it is not able to close all the way. I am afraid this will have some negative effects on the clam and eventually lead to its demise unless I can figure out a way to get the shell aligned properly again. Any advice would be appreciated?
 
Thanks. I'm gonna let it run its course and see if I can position it in way where it can try to stay upright. Def not going to try and hot glue it together.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new