Disodium Phosphate dosing calculator?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishbox
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
From this thread as a reference, https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dosing-monosodium-phosphate.314502/

Na2HPO4 - 141.96 g/mol, PO4 - 96 g/mol
So each g is ~67% PO4.

If you add 3g Na2HPO4 to 1L RODI, you will have a stock solution of 2mg/mL

Convert your tanks water volume to liters, and then determine the dosage from there. Example, if you have a 100L tank, and add 1ml, would have added .02 mg/ml, or .019 ppm PO4

Someone should definitely check my math though, I haven't finished my coffee.
I wish this was more clear- So what IM gathering is to mix up the solution with the rodi water and the sodium phosphates then dose the tank from that? with just 1ml at a time?
 
I wish this was more clear- So what IM gathering is to mix up the solution with the rodi water and the sodium phosphates then dose the tank from that? with just 1ml at a time?

Not 1 mL, but some amount you determine.

use the calculator and associated directions. The potassium phosphate entry will be close enough:

http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/calculator.htm:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new