Dispar anthias success?

You want a more challenging anthias? I’m still trying to keep lyretail long enough to graduate to the display. They just seem to die from uronema!

I would appreciate hearing your method of achieving success with these lyretail anthias.
 
You want a more challenging anthias? I’m still trying to keep lyretail long enough to graduate to the display. They just seem to die from uronema!

I would appreciate hearing your method of achieving success with these lyretail anthias.
There's a million ways to skin a cat, but for me it was Hikari mysis (smaller), fish eggs. "Grow pellets". Anything smaller and lots of flow and hiding spots. I was also able to quarantine my group of 6 for 3 months. I eventually gave them to a friend and I believe he still has the group 4 years later
 
You want a more challenging anthias? I’m still trying to keep lyretail long enough to graduate to the display. They just seem to die from uronema!

I would appreciate hearing your method of achieving success with these lyretail anthias.
Check out humblefish. Has a great write up on different diseases and one on uronema
 
Check out humblefish. Has a great write up on different diseases and one on uronema
How did you decide to quarantine them? TTM? Metro + copper?
 
I don't think I'd recommend it but it never used copper. Once I got them eating I used anti bacterial and metro on their foods
I didn’t mean to derail your thread! I’m sure the anthias people will come soon.

Dispars are definitely more peaceful anthias. I think they are about as easy as lyretails IMO.

So for your QT you decided on just feeding them metro and antibiotics? You didn’t do anything else? What “antibacterial” did you feed them besides the metro? :)
 
I didn’t mean to derail your thread! I’m sure the anthias people will come soon.

Dispars are definitely more peaceful anthias. I think they are about as easy as lyretails IMO.

So for your QT you decided on just feeding them metro and antibiotics? You didn’t do anything else? What “antibacterial” did you feed them besides the metro? :)
Kanaplex. Couldn't remember the name
 
@VanDalsenReef Did you end up getting the dispar or something else? How are they doing if you did get them?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new