dissapearing blue/green chromis

HiImKevin1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody,
Ive been having a disappearing chomis problem, 2 of my 3(small - 3/4" long) chromis have completely disappeared. I was looking at my tank and noticed that only 2 chromis were roaming the tank together, then i came back 6-7 hours later and then there was only 1 chromis roaming the tank. Ive checked the water parameters a few times and they are all good, my tank is covered so they didn't jump out. I have 2 emerald crabs, 5 nassarius snails, 5 hermits. has anybody had experiences with losing a completely healthy fish to any of these? or have any other ideas of how they could have disappeared. i really appreaciate any help.

fraggingfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chromis = Survival of the fittest

You buy 10 and end up with 3 after a few days to weeks.
It's normal for them to show aggression towards eachother like that.
Consider buying double the amount of Chromis you normally would, otherwise make sure they're healthy and eating at the LFS.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chromis = Survival of the fittest

You buy 10 and end up with 3 after a few days to weeks.
It's normal for them to show aggression towards eachother like that.
Consider buying double the amount of Chromis you normally would, otherwise make sure they're healthy and eating at the LFS.

+1. I have seen this happen a lot with chromis. They seem to peck each other off gradually. I have heard that people have better luck with the blue/green than the blue.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%

Back