Diver's Den Gobies

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I may be ordering a pair of hi fin gobies and a pistol shrimp from Diver's Den. I am wondering how good Diver's Den is in terms of their fish's health. For one thing, are they wild caught? If they are, how can I tell their age? What is the lifespan of hi fin gobies? Also, are they quarantined? I'll be setting up a QT tank to put the gobies in, for observation, but would rather not need to go to extensive medications if I can avoid it. I guess my point is, should I search for a captive bred and smaller hi fin goby or go with Diver's Den?

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U

User1

View Badges
No one is able to tell the fish age unless it is captive raised / bred and that information is carried forward.

Divers den has / uses a different process than LA for handling livestock. Linked already here. I believe it is also at a different location but don't hold me to that Cali for LA and Wisconsin for DD maybe? I don't remember exactly.

Regarding captive bred / raised you can check with ORA or BIOTA. Fish selection and availability is obviously subject to what they are able to do these days. I don't recall if high fins are there.

Should you go with DD? Up to you. I've had overall good luck with them and their counterpart live aquaria but I shouldn't be your meter if that makes sense. If you feel like it is good, the weather pattern for the next week looks good, and you can do it now before we get into the heavier shipping log jam for holidays do it.

Now would be ideal. I wouldn't order any livestock after next week but that is just me.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I may be ordering a pair of hi fin gobies and a pistol shrimp from Diver's Den. I am wondering how good Diver's Den is in terms of their fish's health. For one thing, are they wild caught? If they are, how can I tell their age? What is the lifespan of hi fin gobies? Also, are they quarantined? I'll be setting up a QT tank to put the gobies in, for observation, but would rather not need to go to extensive medications if I can avoid it. I guess my point is, should I search for a captive bred and smaller hi fin goby or go with Diver's Den?
Hello! All Diver's Den fish are quarantined for a minimum of 2 weeks. You can learn more about the Diver's Den QT process here: https://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general.cfm?general_pagesid=425
The Hi Fin Red Banded Goby Pair w/shrimp (item 1130201073) are wild-caught and were collected from the Philippines. If you check the description the location of collection will be listed if wild-caught, otherwise, the item will be specified as Captive-bred, Aquacultured, Maricultured, etc. Since this pair was collected from the wild we have no way of knowing the age of the fish. The Diver's Den Coral Farm & Aquatic Life Facility is located in Rhinelander, WI. Please let us know if you have any more questions. Thanks for your interest!

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! All Diver's Den fish are quarantined for a minimum of 2 weeks. You can learn more about the Diver's Den QT process here: https://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general.cfm?general_pagesid=425
The Hi Fin Red Banded Goby Pair w/shrimp (item 1130201073) are wild-caught and were collected from the Philippines. If you check the description the location of collection will be listed if wild-caught, otherwise, the item will be specified as Captive-bred, Aquacultured, Maricultured, etc. Since this pair was collected from the wild we have no way of knowing the age of the fish. The Diver's Den Coral Farm & Aquatic Life Facility is located in Rhinelander, WI. Please let us know if you have any more questions. Thanks for your interest!
Thanks for the response! Would you happen to know if/when the single hi fin banded gobies will be back in stock? I was going to order one but they went out of stock yesterday.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll probably get the pair....thanks for the advice!
Would they be fine with (potentially) a clownfish pair and a royal gramma?

U

User1

View Badges
If you haven't there is a option on the portal for notifications (daily). I th ink it is called sneak peek or something. But basically it is an exclusive sneak peek email of what "may" become available. It is a email message with marine fish, corals, etc. Text only. No links, photos, etc.

Potential for the day's release.

A email follows later in the day of what actually became available with links. If you are looking for something then I'd suggest signing up for it. Some items go quick. I recall trying to find Starcki damsels a while back and every time I paid attention to the email and tried to click it was too late and the item was gone.

Never the less if you didn't know about it check it out. All the best.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't there is a option on the portal for notifications (daily). I th ink it is called sneak peek or something. But basically it is an exclusive sneak peek email of what "may" become available. It is a email message with marine fish, corals, etc. Text only. No links, photos, etc.

Potential for the day's release.

A email follows later in the day of what actually became available with links. If you are looking for something then I'd suggest signing up for it. Some items go quick. I recall trying to find Starcki damsels a while back and every time I paid attention to the email and tried to click it was too late and the item was gone.

Never the less if you didn't know about it check it out. All the best.
Thanks! Where could I find/sign up for this?

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered several times from their divers den this year. The fish and corals always seem to be packed well and be healthy. The one time there was a carrier delay that caused a DOA, they made it right with no hassle. They are the only place I would order fish especially from online.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose I should have placed the order yesterday. I waited until this morning and some other lucky customer got the gobies. I was pretty hyped about this one, but I'll just wait until the next sale...
The group of South American Puffers look real nice on Diver's Den, but I'm afraid all my freshwater tanks are fully stocked, and/or have breeding cichlids.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back