Diving Back In! What's up y'all?!

Mas0n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!

Glad to finally have an account here after lurking for years.

I've been out of the hobby for 10 years now, my last tank was a 20g long mixed reef that I took down when moving out of my parents house for college. Through the past 10 years I've always had the itch to get a tank, but my living situation never comfortably allowed for it, dorm living then apartment hopping while saving. Fast forward to a few months ago, I bought a house, and have a sweet little home office begging for a reef tank! :)

For the past few months I've been scouring facebook marketplace daily for a nice deal, and over the weekend something awesome popped up. I woke at 6am the next morning, and drove a few hours to pick it up.

IMG_3683.jpeg

A very well taken care of IM Fusion Pro 40L with 3 AI Prime 16s, Nero 3, and TONS of other equipment (several skimmers, several ATOs, sicce pumps, caribsea rock, chemicals, scrapers). The previous owner gave me all of the little odds and ends as he was getting out of the hobby.

I will be making a build thread soon to document the progress and go over the equipment I currently have. Just wanted to post a little teaser here.

Anyway, looking forward to joining this community and getting back into the hobby. Thanks for reading!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!

Glad to finally have an account here after lurking for years.

I've been out of the hobby for 10 years now, my last tank was a 20g long mixed reef that I took down when moving out of my parents house for college. Through the past 10 years I've always had the itch to get a tank, but my living situation never comfortably allowed for it, dorm living then apartment hopping while saving. Fast forward to a few months ago, I bought a house, and have a sweet little home office begging for a reef tank! :)

For the past few months I've been scouring facebook marketplace daily for a nice deal, and over the weekend something awesome popped up. I woke at 6am the next morning, and drove a few hours to pick it up.

IMG_3683.jpeg

A very well taken care of IM Fusion Pro 40L with 3 AI Prime 16s, Nero 3, and TONS of other equipment (several skimmers, several ATOs, sicce pumps, caribsea rock, chemicals, scrapers). The previous owner gave me all of the little odds and ends as he was getting out of the hobby.

I will be making a build thread soon to document the progress and go over the equipment I currently have. Just wanted to post a little teaser here.

Anyway, looking forward to joining this community and getting back into the hobby. Thanks for reading!
This is definitely the best way to dive back in. I was out for most of a decade and got back in. The tools and options available now compared to then is mind boggling.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back