Diving in

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My name is Monique. I’ve envied reef tanks for as long as I can remember and I’m finally going to start one of my own. I’m going tank shopping this weekend, and I’m thinking 100+ gallons. I’ve read books on reef tanks and watched hours of YouTube videos, and I feel I’ve only scratched the surface on what there is to know about starting, growing and maintaining a tank. I’m an RN so I’m no stranger to studying, hard work, biology and chemistry (although it’s been a while). I look forward to learning new things through this site. Any tips or encouragement greatly appreciated!

Welcome to R2R Monique! Yes, the bigger the better :)! Excited to see the build!

giphy.gif

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! No I don’t, do you have any recommendations?
I very much love my Waterbox. It's my first all in one tank and it is working out very well. The customer service was very polite and easy to work with. I have noticed with the size that you were thinking about going with you could still get a pretty inclusive package for everything.
I'm sure you will find plenty of Articles and threads and hear about the different brands and their pros and cons. Not to mention you will find quite a few opinions as well. Just make sure that it is something you are going to be happy with.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back