OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything you dose on a regular basis?
awesome tank!! Stunning.
Hi, thanks! I dose BRS Cal/Alk every 30 minutes, nothing else. I subscribe to the "KISS" fish poop method. Have enough fish, feed the fish, and they will feed the corals.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here's an update. I'm doing some major trimming due to shading and bullying between corals. So these are before the trimming.

PC Superman

585.JPG

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone local to the SF Bay Area is interested in XL chunks of acros, shoot me a PM and I can let you know what I have available. I don't have a lot of space, but I did keep some...

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I regret to inform you that you need to move if you want me to take some acros off your hands..
I'm willing to drive to anywhere in Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky.
I might be willing to drive as far as Wisconsin, but only for you or Bubba.
Its effort and gas money on my part, but this is a sacrifice I'm willing to make for your corals.
Granted, I'm doing all the driving, but you've been good to go over the years I've been following your thread, so I feel comfortable with all that effort towards helping you out.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time flies and I'm due for an update. I did some major cutting a couple months ago and trimmed back most of my colonies. Then I got carried away and ripped out several colonies that were frankly just boring me. Never get bored with your reef tank! Anyways, the trimmed colonies are recovering nicely and I just placed an order for my first coral pack in a couple years so excited about that. Fish are all doing well with the exception of my daughters Black Cap Basslet which passed away. Not sure what happened, possibly old age? I have orders to find a replacement. :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of my Battlecorals Bubblebath Unicorn which continues expanding. I had to cut about half the colony away from the glass, but it's looking good again.

589.JPG

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are so on point about managing overgrowth. I get lazy about it, and the colonies grow into/over each other. Then flow starts to get choked down. A wild reef has so much more flow than we can manage, and we all know how important flow is. Eventually, something bad is going to happen.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are so on point about managing overgrowth. I get lazy about it, and the colonies grow into/over each other. Then flow starts to get choked down. A wild reef has so much more flow than we can manage, and we all know how important flow is. Eventually, something bad is going to happen.
Flow is definitely an issue with overcrowding. The other is shadowing (lost my RMF Acid Trip colony that way) and coral warfare (lost my SC Orange Passion that way). I'm trying to be more proactive now. SCOP is in my new coral pack. :)

What I need is a 300g tank so I can spread all my colonies around and let them grow out to their full potential. Now how to trick the wife into that...

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here's an update. I'm doing some major trimming due to shading and bullying between corals. So these are before the trimming.

PC Superman

585.JPG
Beautiful piece! I believe @SunnyX was looking to get a piece of this back for his collection..

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.1%
Back