DIY (accidental) Algae Turf Scrubber.

TangerineSpeedo

Reefing since 1989
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2022
Messages
4,119
Reaction score
8,270
Location
SoCal
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I set up a small phosban reactor on the back of my IM AIO 30L because my Po4 was a bit high. I didn't think about it too much, just threw it on the back one night. After a couple weeks I looked behind my tank and saw this. I really should have thought it out. Lol... I mean this is the same window sill I grow my Phyto on. One thing I did notice is the amount of pods in there! My nutrient’s actually have been getting lower... :thinking-face:
IMG_1933.jpeg
 
Anybody have any thoughts on separating pods, GFO and hair algae efficiently? Those pods are going to cling on to the GHA for dear life. I saw at least three different pods. Would like to seed them in a different tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new