DIY AIO tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Foxchase
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Foxchase

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2020
Messages
588
Reaction score
554
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone on here build their own AIO tank? I got some of those new Petco rimless tanks and wanted to try to make an AIO out of them but don't even know where to begin
 
Reefdudes and Aqua Splendor on YT both did their own AIO acrylic mods
 
Reefdudes and Aqua Splendor on YT both did their own AIO acrylic mods
The only thing is that they did theirs by having them laser cut. I don't have access to a laser or know anyone who does
 
is that they did theirs by having them laser cut. I don't have access to a laser or know anyone who does
I tried to go down the score and snap approach and eventually went with the foam wall idea. After about 6 months of detritus buildup in chambers I scrapped the tank and drilled for a sump. I would look at having a shop laser cut or buying a fiji.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new