Diy battery backup

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone link me to a kit for a DIY battery backup? Seen it before where u use a car battery

Shawn.B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anything that is powered by 12v can be connected directly to a battery with an appropriate barrel cable like these https://amzn.to/2P54XrN

if your looking to go 120v a UPS is a good option since it is always on "standby" and will take over anytime you loose power, it would do well on pumps but really no battery system will do well running a heater https://amzn.to/39MNHzt with a bit of DIY you can also expand the battery capacity of these units.

if your just looking to connect car batteries to an inverter a simple 1000w inverter will do the trick, you can have a couple batteries to swap out as needed and keep them on a trickle charger during standby

once you decide which route to go it will be easier to decide what you need, my recommendation is a larger power conditioning UPS for shorter outages and a cheap generator which can be connected to the UPS to condition power for longer outages

ccrabtree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one for diy eco tech but could be converted to any equipment if you have the right adaptors:

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever solution you end up with, make sure to fuse any leads from the battery. Batteries can dump a lot of current in a short circuit, which makes wires very hot, leading to things like fires.

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back