DIY Boron w/Borax

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biff0rz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
2,393
Reaction score
1,439
Location
Michigan (SE)
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I looked up the solubility of Borax in water, and for 500ml its supposed to be 24-25g. Today I mixed 17.5g with 500ml and thought it would dissolve, but it hasn't yet. How long should it take to dissolve? Do I just need to mix it for longer than a few hours?
 
This
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260419-190943.png
    Screenshot_20260419-190943.png
    302.8 KB · Views: 14
I would warm it, such as in a microwave. It dissolves much more readily in warm or hot water. There's no concern about damaging it by heat. :)
 
I would warm it, such as in a microwave. It dissolves much more readily in warm or hot water. There's no concern about damaging it by heat. :)
Thanks, will do. I let it mix over night and most was gone. I think a little heat will put it over the edge :)

Is there a different source of Boron that I could use? I wanted to do a 2x concentration of what I'm making but the solubility is a limiting factor. The reason I want to double the concentration is because I'm dosing it daily and it makes it easier to dose less liquid at a time. #lazy lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new