DIY Bristle Worm Trap - How To

Very cool and simple solution!
 
image.png
If they are crazy out of control population wise i'll defintely use this. Until then im keeping my ugly, squiggly little friends! They are definitely the most effective member of my clean up crew
I agree, will save this if I need it, now, I think they are the ying and yang to my feeding, both worms and pods help!
 
I made one using a piece PVC with two end caps and a hole in one end. worked well!
 
I tried this once awhile back. Problem I was having was room for the trap. Seems 8-16oz bottles don't fit well in small nanos. I tried a 6oz bottle that I eventually was able to wedge into the tank but trapping anything was failure. I think it failed because the smaller the space, smaller the bottle and therefore smaller the tubes sticking out. I believe my cleaner shrimp was able to remove the bait from within the short tubes.

Same here in my 90.

I don't want to get rid of all of them just thin the herd. Hopefully some of that thinning will include the 2 big fat ones I see.
 
I welcome them even though I would like to set up a trap to see how many I can catch. I am sure there are 100's in my tank if not more. I agree w/ the above comment. Extremely effective cleanup crew, and I have never seen them crawling on a coral.
 
I have one, can someone confirm if this is a bristle worm?

(I am hoping its not a FIRE WORM)

IMG_2739.jpeg


IMG_2741.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new