OP
gmoney243

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No chris sry the reading was full blast .. 33% is what par that I'm currently running to acclimate.. 50 on sand and 150 top of rocks. also full blast is to much white for my taste so I wouldn't run them that high

Last edited:
OP
OP
gmoney243

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets see the corals with the LEDS not just the lights

You'll have to come by to see cause my cameras only pick up the blues so id need a good camera to show anything. But the colors are as good as I've seen any led cree setup. But imo t5 bring out some extra colors I don't get cause of my purple bulb I think. really only 1 of my acas looks better in. T5 its red in led but has some orange in it with my old t5 .. but I'm still happy and would switch anyday
I can always add a 2 bulb t5 for extra pop if I wanted.

Last edited:

stevenhman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build!

Did you get that aluminum channel at home depot/lowes?

**edit** - Nevermind!!

All of you DIY LED experienced people around here gives me a lot of confidence in being able to actually do it as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gmoney243

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finshed product.

011812090942.jpg

011812090934.jpg

coral pic under leds

012012142302.jpg

the coral in this pic was bleached when i got it but colors are comming back. my montis that were browned out are also coloring up. acros are growing my pink lemonade has nice color still and the base is spreading nicely. pic was taken with crappy 3.2mp cam phone but trust me the colors are good :)

Last edited:

stevenhman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I was under the impression that each driver needed its own power cord - glad that seems to not be the case! I'm sure there is lots of head-scratching and calculator use involved though. I tried throwing my wallet at the screen, but an awesome DIY LED light didn't appear in my living room.

I look forward to hearing about how well they preform. The anti-bridgelux LED mentality is hard to get around when asking for help on various forums.

OP
OP
gmoney243

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I was under the impression that each driver needed its own power cord - glad that seems to not be the case! I'm sure there is lots of head-scratching and calculator use involved though. I tried throwing my wallet at the screen, but an awesome DIY LED light didn't appear in my living room.

I look forward to hearing about how well they preform. The anti-bridgelux LED mentality is hard to get around when asking for help on various forums.

actually i didnt use any math involved. i knew lots of people had been doing this with other drivers and using many more drivers per cord than i am so i knew id be safe with those few drivers.

the Bridgelux LED mentality is the same as people big oposition to using LEDs. kinda like paying $100 for a pair of Nikes when some $20 Kangaroos work just fine lol. so far the only disadvantage of these over Crees in the short term at least that i can tell is you cant control these drivers with an apex ... but i dont have one so to me its actually better since my potientometers dont need a wall plug to work lol.

another thing i liked about this kit is that the cree kits i seen come with the regular twist caps for your connections .. this kit came with nice 2 sided clips things that easily snap the wires in safely and no need for electrical tape. im sure in the pics u can see the little grey boxes between all my connections. these were very nice and easy to use.

Last edited:

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually i didnt use any math involved. i knew lots of people had been doing this with other drivers and using many more drivers per cord than i am so i knew id be safe with those few drivers.

the Bridgelux LED mentality is the same as people big oposition to using LEDs. kinda like paying $100 for a pair of Nikes when some $20 Kangaroos work just fine lol. so far the only disadvantage of these over Crees in the short term at least that i can tell is you cant control these drivers with an apex ... but i dont have one so to me its actually better since my potientometers dont need a wall plug to work lol.

another thing i liked about this kit is that the cree kits i seen come with the regular twist caps for your connections .. this kit came with nice 2 sided clips things that easily snap the wires in safely and no need for electrical tape. im sure in the pics u can see the little grey boxes between all my connections. these were very nice and easy to use.
Mike I just noticed you do not have any fuses on your fixture, You may want to add some as it will keep you from losing a whole string of Led's if one goes bad.
Bill

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.9%
Back