DIY dosing pumps

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2011
Messages
1,310
Reaction score
103
Location
Industry, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a thread before where some one made theyre own dosing system out of a couple Tom's Aqualifters and a gang valve. I was thinking about making one but I wanted to hear anyones experience on using them, if anyone has. Are they accurate, and more importantly does theyre accuracy last over time? It seems like a really good idea, but at the same time I could see the possibility of the pumps getting clogged or mineral build up in them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new