DIY Filter Socks

  • Thread starter Thread starter 8pixel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I actually found some hard rodi water line I am going to give a try. Thank you for the response though. I misread the original post thinking it said acrylic not hard hose.
 
Wow, you literally do the same exact thing that I do. I guess the only real difference is that I put little loops on mine for easy hanging from under my stand.
1782085_10153957365460595_775251950_n.jpg
 
Nice! I was wondering how to do the plastic lip
 
Thanks for the DIY especially since it's a real money saver. I made about 40 of these for about $3. Thats 75 cent a piece. Do you rinse or soak these in Ro/DO Water before you replace them? My skimmer goes nuts after I replace the sock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new