Diy Floss Filter (Diatoms)

UPDATE:
I rigged up a PVC board and created a mount out of scrap PVC to hold the pump and set it at the bottom of the sump. Now it's nice and secure and I can change the filters out and barely even get my fingers wet. Cool little setup I must say!

20181223_233158_HDR.jpg


20181223_235700_HDR.jpg


20181224_003620_HDR.jpg
Have checked whether this sediment filter also affecting the salinity of the water. Can you update after checking please.
 
Nice work Bobby. Most of us have sediment filters lying around for RODI units & this is a good idea for use on the aquarium.
I reverse flush my sediment filters when I use them for this kind of filtering, then hang it on the clothes line to dry & sterilize in sunlight, then good to go again.
Eww reused sediment filters, thats greasy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new