DIY Heater Hangers

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sickness! I'm a severe back-up fanatic. I have back-ups of my back-up of my back-up. God forbid if someone is selling a piece of equipment I own....I need to have it as a back-up to my back-up.

So I have a few heaters....who doesn't? The smaller ones, say 100W and less, easily fit into a box

Heaters in a Box.jpg

But the big ones, what do you do with them? I'm convinced George Lucas has a large fish tank and uses Eheim Heaters. The reason is that he got the idea of light sabers from 300W Eheim Heaters.....those suckers are long. I'm sure out of water they glow red. The only thing missing is that Ffffkrrrrshhzzzwooooom..woom..woooom, noise they make when you swing them back and forth. :eek:

Anyway, this is the easiest DIY ever. All you need is a sickness, and a box of 7/8 inch screw hooks, and a place to hang them. I spaced them 3 3/4 inches apart and hid them behind the light and television. I bet my wife doesn't even notice them there! :rolleyes:

Heaters Hung Up.jpg

I'll be finding another spot for them tomorrow. :D

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up some finnex titanium heaters and these are much more compact than my eheim jager heaters. The 300 watt finnex is the same size as a 100 watt eheim jager.

I decided to change after noticing condensation inside the eheim jager heaters.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back