DIY Mesh lid for my fluval evo 13.5

Easy Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers ! I did a DIY mesh lid for my tank and made a little tutorial on it on YouTube if anyone is interested. I used a screen frame kit from HD and bird netting . Here’s a link :

59C13E8A-949C-4F61-B36C-C57BD7EF35D8.jpeg

OP
OP
Easy Reefing

Easy Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same! My biggest issue is salt creep around the lid, I can imagine you'll get a ton with the water so close to the screen lol
I have a little bit of salt creep on the corner of the tank. Did you do any upgrades on your fluval ? I want to upgrade the lighting .

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little bit of salt creep on the corner of the tank. Did you do any upgrades on your fluval ? I want to upgrade the lighting .
I'm going to be replacing the light with an ai prime in a few months when I start putting corals in. I've also made a custom media basket for chamber 1 which I personally think is more effective than the intank version, it's on my build thread! I'll be upgrading the return pump too, along with an rfg

OP
OP
Easy Reefing

Easy Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be replacing the light with an ai prime in a few months when I start putting corals in. I've also made a custom media basket for chamber 1 which I personally think is more effective than the intank version, it's on my build thread! I'll be upgrading the return pump too, along with an rfg
That’s great! I’ve heard good things about the ai prime. I have the intank version in mine but I’ll check out your build for sure. Good Luck!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 64 27.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back