DIY NoPox Doser

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made my NoPox bottle into its own dosing dispenser. Rigid plastic tubing on the inside, John Guest type bulkhead fitting and one way valve on the outside. Kinda cool.

7A1C7560-9797-45A1-AB40-513505C2A7C2.jpeg

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must admit, that is pretty. I make my own DIY NOPOX and went ghetto with the container by simply using the Vodka bottle. I might look into putting a John Guest (JG) on the cap, but first I'd like to know what you did on the bottle side of the JG? Does the tubing completely pass through the JG, or is there another piece of tubing connected to the back side of the JG? One last one, do you have the part number for the JG you used?

NOPOX Container.jpg

EDIT TO ADD: Oops, just re-read the OP and saw that you used rigid tubing on the inside.....good stuff!

Last edited:
OP
OP
andyg1960

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U

User1

View Badges
Interesting - I'm also looking at this. I have a Voss water bottle that I was going to use. I bought some acrylic tubing but I hear you are not supposed to use acrylic with the nopox stuff. So looking at tubing for the dosing line and what to use inside the bottle to reach the bottom. With regards to the valve on the outside what is that? Couldn't you drill in a tiny 1/16 or so hole or does it evaporate fast.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back