Diy overflow box

LeChef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I would love to buy something like the Eclipse M Overflow Box I'm not sure if I really want to spend $150 on this. Thing is I really want an emergency pipe because someone saying 20k in damages from not having one has scared me and I don't think my mom would appreciate it lol

Of course if I have to spend $150 for a good quality overflow box I will but I was just hoping someone might know anything a bit cheaper?

I was thinking maybe DIY this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AQUARIUM-O...SALTWATER-TANKS/162233261564?var=461210938842

then on the back of the tank a breeder box like this (specimen container)

or this

cut some holes into the bottom for a siphon and emergency pipe, then silicone it to the back of the tank with the bulkhead going through it.

Technically copying the design of the Eclipse box but cheap. Unless this is a bad idea because my mind has already been changed a lot going from "I will use a HOB or Canister filter" to "Nope I need a sump" lol

My sump will be a 20l and tank is gonna be a 40b

Last edited:
OP
OP
LeChef

LeChef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOOOOOOOR

I can drill 2 holes next to each other into the tank. then making it an internal overflow box Is that safe or would is shatter? not right next to each other but maybe a few inches away

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back