diy overflow question

  • Thread starter Thread starter greg0385
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
27
Location
summertown,tn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank wasnt drilled so i drilled 3-1.5 inch bulkheads. 2 drains and one return. My overflow is a c2c. I was wondering inside the overflow box should i have a 90 elbow turned up or have it turned down coming out of my bulkhead.
 
Is it quietier that way? I have heard that you can stick a small airline down the drain so it doesnt gurgle as loud.
 
Depends on what way you are building it. I have mine down in the tank then on the back out of the bulkhead I have a T with going up about 2-3" then put a cap on it with a 1/8" hole in it. I put. All valve on my drains and returns so I could dial them back to make quiet and adjust flow.
HTML:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new