DIY Protein Skimmer

Welcome to R2R!!! I've done a lot of DIY projects but not a skimmer.
 
Welcome to R2R. Might also want to try the DIY forum, and maybe also look at wooden air stones.
1593887740196.gif
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
 
Got any pictures or how to's andrewey?
I'll see if I can't dig up some pictures- they're probably on an external hard drive somewhere. This was about 10 years ago. The riser was a 6" PVC pipe and I ran it with a spare sedra 5000 from an asm g4. In terms of design, imagine a deltec skimmer, now remove any sort of engineering or finesse and make the entire skimmer opaque. Make sure to stain the outside of your connectors with purple pvc primer and use too much silicone- at that point you'll be pretty close to imaging what it looks like until I can dig up some pictures.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new