DIY screen top offset pieces

Nor'easter Reefer

I'm so bright, my daddy calls me son!
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2024
Messages
8,103
Reaction score
49,381
Location
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a tunze orca and I'm torn. I either want to put an offset in my screen top around it, or maybe a slice in my screen top to feed the tube through, but ONLY if removal for cleaning remains easy. I haven't laid hands on the wave makers so I'm not sure. I think the offset is most likely even though it kind of forces me to put the wave makers in one spot and keep it there unless I want offsets all over the place. What has everyone running Orcas with screen tops done?

Does anyone have any links to any offset pieces for standard windows frame? Thats what I used for mine and all I've found is red seas version that fits their proprietary frame(reviews state it doesnt fit standard windows frame)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new