DIY Screen Tops

Semper.Reefing

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2019
Messages
467
Reaction score
268
Location
Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi everyone. I finally looked into an affordable option for screen tops for my Aqueon 210. I saw some threads where people were buying screen kits from the hardware store so I decided to give it a shot. I’m sure this will work for rimless tanks as well if you find some plastic hooks to seat the frame on the inside of your tank.

Just wanted to share my experience if anyone is also looking into this option!



IMG_6521.jpeg
 
Hi everyone. I finally looked into an affordable option for screen tops for my Aqueon 210. I saw some threads where people were buying screen kits from the hardware store so I decided to give it a shot. I’m sure this will work for rimless tanks as well if you find some plastic hooks to seat the frame on the inside of your tank.

Just wanted to share my experience if anyone is also looking into this option!


Very nice job!
 
Looks nice! I know it's not the most attractive thing, but I think an egg crate would fit in nicely in those gaps that you have, it would blend pretty well with the white frame and would keep your fish in.
 
Looks nice! I know it's not the most attractive thing, but I think an egg crate would fit in nicely in those gaps that you have, it would blend pretty well with the white frame and would keep your fish in.
The only thing holding me back from egg crate was it shading some light. The screen I have is clear so it doesn’t affect the lighting much at all
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new