DIY Sea Sweep

Jeremy Chatham

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2018
Messages
118
Reaction score
74
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone attempted to build their own sea sweep using and Arduino or other controller and a stepper motor or servo?
I have 2 60kg/cm servos that would be good for this... I am considering doing the build.
Just hoping someone could start me in the right direction.
I have a 3D printer and cnc machine... so that will help...
Any ideas?
 
I seen one diy years ago but I'm always want to try my self those thing are expensive though
 
I saw where someone made a DIY sea sweep on here. Not sure they used a microcontroller though. Would be interesting with the Arduino since you could customize sweep profile.
 
I saw where someone made a DIY sea sweep on here. Not sure they used a microcontroller though. Would be interesting with the Arduino since you could customize sweep profile.
Exactly
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new