DIY sump layout?

AquaForge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this custom DIY sump kit it’s super well made, but came with no instructions. Just checking if it’s laid out correctly. I’m going to put socks on the left then the skimmer then the refuge finally the return pump. I’m wondering if I should switch the plastic between the return pump area and the skimmer one, so that water can raise up high enough for the refuge
IMG_2826.jpeg

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no first hand experience with that baffle kit, but wondering if you’re in New York by chance?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that could work, but ideally you want to add another sheet of acrylic raised a couple inches off the bottom about an inch or 2 after your adjustable baffle, like this. The last "upward" arrow represents the return pump.

1706138370809.png

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this custom DIY sump kit it’s super well made, but came with no instructions. Just checking if it’s laid out correctly. I’m going to put socks on the left then the skimmer then the refuge finally the return pump. I’m wondering if I should switch the plastic between the return pump area and the skimmer one, so that water can raise up high enough for the refuge
IMG_2826.jpeg
The adjustable baffle should be the last defore the return chamber. That way you can adjust the level of the fuge, skimmer, sock area. Jax Racks, right? They have good products.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
swap the adjustable baffle with the other baffle(the two with the cover tape)

did you order with from ebay/etsy, or fijicube? fiji cube brings the instructions as i remember having it for my DIY sump kit

OP
OP
AquaForge

AquaForge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that could work, but ideally you want to add another sheet of acrylic raised a couple inches off the bottom about an inch or 2 after your adjustable baffle, like this. The last "upward" arrow represents the return pump.

1706138370809.png
Oh THATS what the extra piece is! I was wondering why he sent a spare piece of acrylic

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say no it is to prevent bubbles from hitting your return pump. I would put it all the way to the right in your last picture

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back