DIY sump question

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I showed you the math twice already. A top off cycle does not add 200ml on a 40 breeder sump. It adds best case 2654ml for 1/4" float hysteresis, 5308ml for more typical 1/2" variation and adds 10616ml during a failure mode.

Best case scenario you are off by a factor of 10. I expect better from someone who says they were a chemical engineer. The math takes less than 30 seconds to perform.
Ok enouhh is enough!
Your wrong sorry.
It takes less than 20 seconds to measure my ato when it come on.
My system as measured adds a little over 200+ml per cycle.
Sorry if that does not work for you but its reality on my systems. 2000+ml makes no sense at all.
That would mean my ato only operates 4 times a day for my 2g evaporarion. Again not reality.
My Tunze optical sensor and the nano float system are very sensive and I have been using them the last 6 years.
I doubt it drops 1/8 of an inch.
Im done with this as its become joke.

Last edited:

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sump is a 40 gallon no baffels, its got a skimmer in there and 3 pumps. The optical ato works just fine in the open sump. very easy to keep clean with a shop vac.

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was off as I just measured it.
It is 450ml per cycle. Been a long time, years, since I checked it but its reality on my systems.
Enjoy your systems.

1/16” range on the sensor is phenomenal. Not surprised you don’t have problems with parameter swings if that’s the case.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back