DIY Tank Stand - 150 Gallon

thedudebob

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2017
Messages
22
Reaction score
22
Location
New Hampshire
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pops and I built a stand for my new 150-gallon tank. Still not finished but here's a few pics

20210409_192317.jpg 20210409_192312.jpg 20210312_105551.jpg 20210312_105542.jpg 20210311_170846.jpg 20210311_170840.jpg 20210311_165940.jpg 20210311_163002.jpg 20210311_162957.jpg 20210311_143118.jpg 20210311_143105.jpg 20210311_130432.jpg 20210311_130423.jpg
 
Looking good. My one suggestion is that it appears the front legs are transferring load through the fasteners and not directly through the wood. The rear of the stand, it appears the load is directly through the back legs. I'd suggest adding two boards to the frond of the stand to allow load to go directly to the lower frame, not relying on the fasteners. In this picture, I'm suggesting adding the front purple boards.

Stand.JPG
 
Looking good. My one suggestion is that it appears the front legs are transferring load through the fasteners and not directly through the wood. The rear of the stand, it appears the load is directly through the back legs. I'd suggest adding two boards to the frond of the stand to allow load to go directly to the lower frame, not relying on the fasteners. In this picture, I'm suggesting adding the front purple boards.

Stand.JPG

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to add them
 
sorry i meant inside the stand

Right now I have a sump, protein skimmer, UV filter, carbon and phosguard reactors, and an algae skimmer
 

Attachments

  • 20210617_221258.jpg
    20210617_221258.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210617_221305.jpg
    20210617_221305.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210617_221317.jpg
    20210617_221317.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 58
Looking good. My one suggestion is that it appears the front legs are transferring load through the fasteners and not directly through the wood. The rear of the stand, it appears the load is directly through the back legs. I'd suggest adding two boards to the frond of the stand to allow load to go directly to the lower frame, not relying on the fasteners. In this picture, I'm suggesting adding the front purple boards.

Stand.JPG
This. Add some boards between the top and bottom so the boards support the load instead of screws.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new