dizzyjay in the hizzie

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from sunny San Diego CA.

I’ve been reefing for a little bit; drawn by its complexity and its many facets. From a young age I’ve been fascinated by symbiosis and you just don’t get a better example than coral. In addition to the biology & chemistry behind reef keeping, another draw has been the technology and the continual advancements. I’m guilty of early adoption (to a fault at times) & find overall enjoyment from stress testing the newest gadgets and methods yet holding true to some old school methods (im a fan of diatom filters). The many creative outlets are yet another draw; reef keeping challenges my artistic side and offers plenty of avenues and skills I intend to hone like macro photography. I’ve enjoyed the social aspects of reefing and have made some great friends over the years in this hobby. I don’t do the regular social media but do satiate my phone addiction thru r2r and our local reef forum. I’ve been reading, absorbing and helping here where I can and figured it was time to formally introduce myself. I currently have 4 tanks plumbed into the same system with a total volume of ~350g and an isolated 25g fishless mangrove tank. I have aspirations of a fish room to support a larger in-wall peninsula tank in my dining room.

Cheers- build thread coming soon. ~dj
image.jpg

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from sunny San Diego CA.

I’ve been reefing for a little bit; drawn by its complexity and its many facets. From a young age I’ve been fascinated by symbiosis and you just don’t get a better example than coral. In addition to the biology & chemistry behind reef keeping, another draw has been the technology and the continual advancements. I’m guilty of early adoption (to a fault at times) & find overall enjoyment from stress testing the newest gadgets and methods yet holding true to some old school methods (im a fan of diatom filters). The many creative outlets are yet another draw; reef keeping challenges my artistic side and offers plenty of avenues and skills I intend to hone like macro photography. I’ve enjoyed the social aspects of reefing and have made some great friends over the years in this hobby. I don’t do the regular social media but do satiate my phone addiction thru r2r and our local reef forum. I’ve been reading, absorbing and helping here where I can and figured it was time to formally introduce myself. I currently have 4 tanks plumbed into the same system with a total volume of ~350g and an isolated 25g fishless mangrove tank. I have aspirations of a fish room to support a larger in-wall peninsula tank in my dining room.

Cheers- build thread coming soon. ~dj
image.jpg
Hello and welcome to the channel. You have an amazing tank.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back