Dnoob's 395g reef from Finland

Lots of flow and good looking reef!
 
I have a serious cyano invasion ongoing. This was to be expected, so no worries. Just, it's so ugly :D The redox meter shows 360 mV and I will have the o2 automation soon. That will help to clear the water.
 
I made some new caves inside the smaller pile of rocks. Also the cyano starting to disappear.
WIN_20160106_132433.JPG
 
Holy cow man! I keep telling myself I don't need a bigger tank but every time I see one like this it makes me want to get one. Think I'm gonna start saving some $$$ and upgrade my tiny 57!!! :-) Very nice tank you have there.
 
Where did you get the tank il looking for a larger aquarium glass only tho
 
Today I had the new hanging kits for AI Hydra 52 lights. I can add the new light abrove the tank. Now the maximum light power increases 390w to 520w. That makes 0,35 watts / liter or 1.32 watts / gallon. SPS-corals likes that a lot :)

WP_20160107_002.jpg
 
And there they are. I have one issue with the lights. Old lights ( SN 71xxxxx) has royal blue but the new one (SN 75xxxxx) has blue ?!? Is it the same color with the new name? Have no idea :D The maximum power of the lights was 97% and now only 72%. Hope they run more cooler now than before. There could come some issues with the corals, hope not.

WIN_20160107_200304.JPG
Lagoon_Lights.JPG
 
Looks nice man!
 
It's getting better :) My "reef safe" Acreichtys tomentosus has begun to taste the LPS corals. Especially euphyllias and lobophyllias seems to taste good.
 
Really nice tank you have there! I wish I could have a tank of that size! :(
 
Sweet!
 
I made a visor on the tank. Now the lights won't bother anymore. I'm going to built it round the tank, so it hopefully keeps the fishes out of the floor. I installed the wavebox. It's just some old Tunze nanobox, but it still can do 1 cm high wave :D I hide it behind the closed loops inlet pipe and it's almost out of view. I also ordered Australian Choerodon fasciatus, Canthigaster valentini, Holothuria edulis and
Centropyge bispinosus to Siniriutta (the best reef store in finland). Only need to drive 1600km /about 1000 mile to get them next week :D
WP_20160307_003.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new