DNS server?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cloak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2015
Messages
3,033
Reaction score
2,133
Location
Stockton, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this? I keep trying to access a website that I go to and I get a message that says that the DNS server might be experiencing problems. I hit the next button and then it says that my DNS server might be unavailable. Nothing has changed here at the house. Any information about this would be great. Thanks. :)
 
Make sure in your router your dns is set to 192.168.x.x (router ip adress) if you don't know your providers actual dns address.
 
That error is a red herring and rarely means there are DNS issues. Usually it is your connection to the Internet. Are you wireless?
 
Hmm. It seems to be working fine now. Thank you everybody for the replies. :)
 
Most likely their site was down or forgot to pay their bill for hosting and in such cases websites can be temporary suspended and will produce such results when pulled under suspension.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new