The "Perfect" fish for our tanks

Gumbies R Us

God, Bouldering, and Reefing
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2022
Messages
30,908
Reaction score
54,381
Location
North Georgia
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throughout my time in this hobby, I have seen a lot of different fish. Large fish, small fish, some that are utilitarian, some that don't do a whole lot, aggressive fish, and peaceful fish (Feel like I'm writing the next Dr. Seuss book). With all of these fish choices, it's hard to narrow down a truly "perfect fish". Some might say a clown fish is perfect for them, even though they can bully other fish. Maybe another reefer says a flame angel, yet they are known to nip at corals. So, for you, is there truly a "perfect" reef fish for your tank, or do all of them have some issue that makes them not perfect?

Photo Credit: @OrionN

FlameAngel2016090302Male.jpg
 
Perfect for *me* would be a purple tang..

But I have a Sailfin, 3 yellows, among several other fish, so the purple is not perfect for my tank.

I am pretty happy with my compliment of fish, and its hard to choose a favorite. I know the ones I don't like are the pair of clowns, as they are just generally boring.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new