Do bristle worms eat bergias?

  • Thread starter Thread starter xnaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

xnaz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2021
Messages
495
Reaction score
245
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had nudibranchs in my tank for a while to take care of my aptasia in my tank but I don’t see any improvement. If anything it is getting worse I’m just wondering if bristle worms eat them or if any other predator does. Any info would be appreciated.
 
I’ve had nudibranchs in my tank for a while to take care of my aptasia in my tank but I don’t see any improvement. If anything it is getting worse I’m just wondering if bristle worms eat them or if any other predator does. Any info would be appreciated.
Predatory fish can and will eat them.

What's in your tank? Wrasses?
 
Chalk bass will certainly eat invertebrates. They are legit carnivores.
Well I just put him in there yesterday and I’ve had the nudibranchs for a while now.
 
Well I just put him in there yesterday and I’ve had the nudibranchs for a while now.
How long is awhile? How many did you add?

The bhergia can take awhile to get going, and in the meantime hide pretty well. They won't come out of the rockwork if they have plenty of food. You want them to lay eggs so that eventually the population will explode and overwhelm the aiptasia. But it takes a couple months to grow from egg to adult. It's usually after ~3 generations you will start to notice aiptasia disappearing.

So I'd give it ~6 months and if you still don't see any impact maybe look for alternative solutions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new