Do bristle worms eat bergias?

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had nudibranchs in my tank for a while to take care of my aptasia in my tank but I don’t see any improvement. If anything it is getting worse I’m just wondering if bristle worms eat them or if any other predator does. Any info would be appreciated.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had nudibranchs in my tank for a while to take care of my aptasia in my tank but I don’t see any improvement. If anything it is getting worse I’m just wondering if bristle worms eat them or if any other predator does. Any info would be appreciated.
Predatory fish can and will eat them.

What's in your tank? Wrasses?

fryman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just put him in there yesterday and I’ve had the nudibranchs for a while now.
How long is awhile? How many did you add?

The bhergia can take awhile to get going, and in the meantime hide pretty well. They won't come out of the rockwork if they have plenty of food. You want them to lay eggs so that eventually the population will explode and overwhelm the aiptasia. But it takes a couple months to grow from egg to adult. It's usually after ~3 generations you will start to notice aiptasia disappearing.

So I'd give it ~6 months and if you still don't see any impact maybe look for alternative solutions.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back