Do elephant slugs ever stop growing?

ClownWrangler

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2020
Messages
680
Reaction score
610
Location
Tacoma, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two hitchhiker elephant slugs about one year ago. They were smaller than 1/4" and just looked like little limpets. Now one is over 2 inches across and the one in this picture is 3 inches. Will these things ever stop growing? They don’t seem to do much, just eat film off the glass. I'm also curious as to how difficult it would be to breed them.

20211230_210417.jpg
 
I got two hitchhiker elephant slugs about one year ago. They were smaller than 1/4" and just looked like little limpets. Now one is over 2 inches across and the one in this picture is 3 inches. Will these things ever stop growing? They don’t seem to do much, just eat film off the glass. I'm also curious as to how difficult it would be to breed them.

20211230_210417.jpg
yes (4-5 in max) but they can eat allot. Breeding would be very very hard.
 
1. Yes, like posted above the have a limit.
2. Also like posted above they will eat a lot. And pods will eat their eggs before they ever reproduce.

3. If you are in the states and do not want these snails. I will happily purchase them off of you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new