Do favias move?

piscesgirl

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2023
Messages
180
Reaction score
318
Location
Bayview
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, weird question since they don’t have a foot, but do favias move during the night?

I have one that I bought a few months back, with a lepto. I’ve placed them a couple inches from each other so no one gets stung. During times of decorating, I’ve placed them across the tank from each other but they don’t seem to do well so I’ve always brought them back together a couple inches apart. For the last couple weeks, when the lights come on they’re side by side. So, I move them back to avoid a fight. Every. Single. Day.

Do they typically move themselves? And should I be concerned if they’re touching?
Thanks, y’all!
 
No they do not move. Favias should be kept isolated I would expect it will eventually take out the leptoseris.
 
No they do not move. Favias should be kept isolated I would expect it will eventually take out the leptoseris.
Thanks, I’ll move him over a good distance
 
They can send out some decent length sweepers.
 
My favias have never moved. They’re lazy and introverted.
 
My favias have never moved. They’re lazy and introverted.
Same… :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: It’s just the weirdest thing. Maybe it’s the water current pushing them together. I’ve got them about a foot apart now lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new