do fish ever stop eating?

reef tank 2.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have fish that actually stop eating after obtaining a few pieces of food?

I have a Molly Miller Blenny. He's around an 1"+ in length, and this little dude eats EVERYTHING that floats by. I wait for him to stop as if he's full so that I can filter out uneaten food. But he doesn't let it get that far. I'm waiting for him to show signs of obesity, but I haven't seen that yet. I have been feeding omega enriched brine shrimp (blister pack food), he seems to like that a lot. I have pellets and flakes too, but i've been sticking with the frozen.

and maybe the brine shrimp aren't filling him up, but he certainly eats it up

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every blenny I've owned has been a little piggy.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have fish that actually stop eating after obtaining a few pieces of food?

I have a Molly Miller Blenny. He's around an 1"+ in length, and this little dude eats EVERYTHING that floats by. I wait for him to stop as if he's full so that I can filter out uneaten food. But he doesn't let it get that far. I'm waiting for him to show signs of obesity, but I haven't seen that yet. I have been feeding omega enriched brine shrimp (blister pack food), he seems to like that a lot. I have pellets and flakes too, but i've been sticking with the frozen.

and maybe the brine shrimp aren't filling him up, but he certainly eats it up
My six Green Chromis seem to eat continuously, but I noticed that when I feed them, they transition from frenzied eating to casual eating. I use that transition to stop feeding. I do this several times a everyday. I also use a small scoop from a test kit to feed them brine shrimp and mysis shrimp and have figured out how many scoops are needed to reach the end of the feeding frenzy.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back