do fresh water dip work immdatily

spoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my hippo tang got ich again and I just did a freshwater dip and I still see the white spots so does the freshwater dip work immediately or is it a processe

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive heard they work for ich too
The problem with Ich is that the parasite burrows deep in the skin, a FWD will not impact them. FWD are more effective on flukes, brook and velvet.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
my hippo tang got ich again and I just did a freshwater dip and I still see the white spots so does the freshwater dip work immediately or is it a processe
FW dip won’t do anything for ich other than temporary relief if gills are affected
i have copper care but i dont have the tester
Ooops- accidentally hit send- infected or fish is not breathing heavily. After dip, You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.

OP
OP
spoons

spoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FW dip won’t do anything for ich other than temporary relief if gills are affected

Ooops- accidentally hit send- infected or fish is not breathing heavily. After dip, You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.
im so done with this stupid tang im just going to sell it for god sake

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cryptocaryon irritant ( Marine ich) has got somewhat complicated life cycle. When fish displays signs of infection, parasite is deeply embedded in fish skin and protected by tissues. It is virtually impossible to kill it in this stage. It stays there for few days , and freshwater dip cannot last for so long. It would though as Vetteguy53081 stated, give some temporary relief if gills are effected.
Follow his guide.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back