Fresh water dip ?

nanobambam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, i’ve got two clown fish in my dt just live rock and live sand put in the clowns after cycling nother further so no clean up crew yet. One of the clowns started to show sign of a disease yesterday its brooklynella according to vetteguy53081 (thanks for helping!)

Link to the clownfish’ video

Due to the fact that its new years day i can’t buy treatment and don’t have QT tank (lesson learned:( i will buy one tomorrow and set it up

Now for the question i was reading about a fresh water dip and that it could relief the clown.
How does this work (im still a newbie at this)
Do i use RO water for this ? Which temp should it have ?Would this help or would it cause more stress?

For the qt tank i will buy a small tank tomorrow i still have fresh saltwater in tanks so i could set this up pretty quick hopefully. It is better to use new water then water from the DT correct ?

Thanks for reading!! Any help is appreciated !

Gr
Bart

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, i’ve got two clown fish in my dt just live rock and live sand put in the clowns after cycling nother further so no clean up crew yet. One of the clowns started to show sign of a disease yesterday its brooklynella according to vetteguy53081 (thanks for helping!)

Due to the fact that its new years day i can’t buy treatment and don’t have QT tank (lesson learned:( i will buy one tomorrow and set it up

Now for the question i was reading about a fresh water dip and that it could relief the clown.
Do i use RO water for this ? Which temp should it have ?Would this help or would it cause more stress?

For the qt tank i will buy a small tank tomorrow i still have fresh saltwater in tanks so i could set this up pretty quick hopefully. It is better to use new water then water from the DT correct ?

Gr
Bart
Here is a post I made about freshwater dips:

Jay

OP
OP
nanobambam

nanobambam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats great Jay didn't know to use tapwater as for the temp i do have a tempmeter but no heating element at the point but i assume i can use hot water check the temp for cooling to the temp thats in the DT and then perform the dip ?
Thanks for the tips !

Another question, how would you stand performing the treatment in the display tank as there are only the 2 clownfish ? As the threatment doesn’t use copper and such ?

OP
OP
nanobambam

nanobambam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
Thats great Jay didn't know to use tapwater as for the temp i do have a tempmeter but no heating element at the point but i assume i can use hot water check the temp for cooling to the temp thats in the DT and then perform the dip ?
Thanks for the tips !

Another question, how would you stand performing the treatment in the display tank as there are only the 2 clownfish ? As the threatment doesn’t use copper and such ?

OP
OP
nanobambam

nanobambam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
Thanks for the tips !

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tips !

Dipping a fish only buys you some time, since putting the fish back into the infected tank causes it to become infected again. Also, dips do not remove 100% of the parasites. You’ll need to follow up with a proper treatment at some point.
Jay

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Gr
Bart
FWIW, petsmart and many stores are open today.

OP
OP
nanobambam

nanobambam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dipping a fish only buys you some time, since putting the fish back into the infected tank causes it to become infected again. Also, dips do not remove 100% of the parasites. You’ll need to follow up with a proper treatment at some point.
Jay
Thanks Jay!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back