Do I have to many fish???

neltel_7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!
I recently added some new fish to my 100-110 (I’m not 100% sure the size) and I’m worried I have too much.
( I did not add all these fish at once)
This is my stocking list:
1x 2inch sailfin tang ( I will have upgraded by the time it grows to big for this tank)
1x 3.5 inch bullet goby
1x 3.5 inch Melanurus wrasse
2x 1.5 inch skunk clownfish
1x 2 inch yellow watchman (he just stays in the rocks
1x 1 inch blue/green chromis ( he killed his friends)
5x 1 inch Alleni damsels
1x 1 inch fire fish
1x 1.5 inch orchid dotty back
1x 1.5 inch cleaner wrasse ( I think this was a bad decision)
Is this too much? I wanted to have a lot of small fish but I feel like I am going to regret adding so many
I have a lot of sand a live rock so I’m not to worried about territory. I don’t really know what specifically I am worried about lol. I just feel I went over the top.

What do you guys think?

OP
OP
neltel_7

neltel_7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What're your gold regarding to corals?
lps,sps,mix reef
I think you meant goals. All of my corals are soft corals and have been doing fairly well after a little rough spot, I have 2 very large fuzzy mushroom corals, a goniopora, a Seabea anemone( who is loving the increased nitrates for some reason) and firework cloves. I don’t know that I plan on adding many more corals for a while because I have already spent so much money on live stock.

Edit: I tried keeping a candy cane coral but it has not been doing good for the past couple months( I went through a phase where I couldn’t stay on top of water parameters as much.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It depends on size and growth potential but you should be good.
For me, its Not how many fish but if I need a bigger tank. I always need a bigger tank !

Last edited:

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, it all depends on what you're doing filtration wise to get rid of waste.
If you have a Skimmer, decent Refugium or both you can have more livestock. If not, then you need to be aggressive with water changes to offset the waste more fish will produce.

OP
OP
neltel_7

neltel_7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, it all depends on what you're doing filtration wise to get rid of waste.
If you have a Skimmer, decent Refugium or both you can have more livestock. If not, then you need to be aggressive with water changes to offset the waste more fish will produce.
Thank you

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back